The Union of Merchants and Tourist Entrepreneurs of L’Escala (UBET) is the association of merchants of the municipality created in the 80s and groups about 160 commercial establishments in a wide range of sectors. La Escala offers a wide and varied commercial proposal that includes three different commercial axes and from the UBET it works for the continuous improvement of this commercial fabric.
L’Escala is one of the main tourist destinations on the Costa Brava. Sun and beach tourism is widely consolidated in the municipality and, in this context, shopping has traditionally been considered as an accidental activity that takes place during the visitor’s stay.
However, the commercial activity brings many benefits for the municipality: it is an important factor of economic growth and job creation, deseasonalizes tourist demand, is an activity promotes the permanent influx of visitors and can be essential for the rehabilitation and revitalization of an urban core.
Aware of this reality, UBET annually signs a collaboration agreement that aims to commercially revitalize the municipality. The agreement includes an extensive program of activities and campaigns that take place throughout the year in the municipality.
• Enhance customers loyalty and bring trade closer to the citizens of the municipality
• Place in value the commercial axes of the municipality
• Promote the added value of local trade.
• Promote wealth, resources and products of the territory and highlight the identity of the municipality
• Deseasonalize the offer and promote the permanent influx of visitors to the municipality.
• Visibility, give value and distinguish the municipality of L’Escala for its commercial offer.
• The main recipients of this proposal will be commercial establishments and UBET as a whole. It wants to give greater visibility to our points of sale, to our commercial axes, to strengthen the identity and the values of the territory and will promote the commerce of proximity.